Poem

 Some poems are better not written


Some poems are better not written,

Same belief has repeatedly bitten,

Me from its pointed tooth,

As I just pointed a truth

And matte its name,

It bit my palm,

My thousandth expression,

And it's curve in streak,

When my sun was in peak,

I lost simultaneously my pen.


☆Prachi Sharma☆


<my poem>


Some poems are better not written, / Same belief has repeatedly bitten, / Me from its pointed tooth, / As I just pointed a truth

some poems are better not written means that it hurts a lot after it is complete, means words have a sharpeness it is like pricking. These lines implies that having belief that some poems are worth writing, either because they are too painful, too personal, or too controversial. But reading it back hurts. This belief has hurt like a sharp tooth biting, from its nib, because I wrote a truth, usually pens enjoy repute because it is powerful than actual weapon, as a proverb suggests,"Pen is mightier than sword".

And matte its name, / It bit my palm, / My thousandth expression, / And it's curve in streak,


These lines imply that by trying to express a truth that is important I made its repute vague and dull, like a matte color. It also bit my palm, which could mean that it prevented me from writing without crediting it!  As I write a truth only my name shines and my pen's name is dimmed, so it get enraged and it bit my palm, it is a continuing attack as it bit a thousandth time. My thousandth expression could refer to the many poems or words that I have written before, and the curve in streak mean that its ever upward growing graph curve is getting thin, which is the time i was actually enjoying my prosperity, when my name was high among readers.


When my sun was in peak, / I lost simultaneously my pen.


These lines indicate that I lost my pen when I was at my best or most creative moment, like when the sun is at its peak. Whishing to prove its significance my pen left me indicating this I have simultaneously lost my inspiration, motivation, or confidence to write.

It also contrasts with the dark and sad tone of the poem, showing that I still have hope and joy in life.


Copyright: Prachi Sharma

©2023

All Rights Reserved 



Comments

Popular Posts