Faith not fail, Taxi Ride

Chase

By Seema Sharma

Vroom...most speed driving stories relates to 2-4 wheelers, well true, but hold, this is a twist.

This incident is from year 1995, June, of a simple journey to Raipur railway station starting from Bilaspur turned out to be horrifying. We reached at night which was held a nightmare too, taxi hiring were less in fashion those days.

Explaining first para, with one taxi along with my parents, my niece my nephew, my daughters, we left for our joined place. Usually life lessons are taught through practical realities as what is life, in this case we learnt this life principle from our quick decision, he was behaving insanely,  we encountered such for first in life he was driving at high speed that too on secluded roads and not at the prescribed route he didn't stopped  anywhere, despite combined repeated request and kids screaming. First in my life there I had a thought why life falls apart from expectations and all that unnecessary thinking,

He was Driving at a high speed and mumbling by hearing some broken words, I learnt soon that "we" have boarded at wrong time when he was high, after this much excursion he stopped his vehicle at profound request, (or some evilsome plan), I jumped immediately with my nephew, niece and my kids. My parents came out from other side, here, we got the same thing together his threatening look, we ran
taking all our baggages out of his vehicle, he was chasing and passing comments on us,  he also tried to crush us, we were skipped by mere seconds speed, I saw there one hospital when I was trying to enter there, the nurses there stopped us (well, I didn't weighed with their gestures) at first , I said with a sore throat “an auto driver is following us, please help us”, next, they cooperated  and let me call on my asking, I called my brother, he is youngest among us, he calmly heard me and a bit nervous at first, he said to wait for him, that period was terrible, outside of place he was  passing lewd remarks. One nurse politely asked him to go away from there, instead he started threatening us to come back by saying “till when you will be inside”. 

Breathing, nails biting, sweating  and staring everywhere, all helped me a lot to pass that time.
After half an hour,  my  brother arrived there, I felt relaxed, in short, it was a reunion with hope. My brother chided that taxi driver and removed his taxi’s key, but that driver still managed to run away. A meter away he got struck to the sideway road.
To write more on it we were assisted by police present a faraway, they dropped us by their van, nearby Azad Chowk, Raipur, we hired another auto to reach our home, by then I was under my senses, we were grateful towards God. However we did not forwarded any complaint.
So, after this what I follow and urge is travel in/with fit state of mind/body.
P.S. an incident based on roadways, will necessary say about distances, so, cope up with it.
Visit this link for other posts

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts